Monday, October 25, 2010

Quote of the day

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
--Groucho Marx

This evening while at dinner with colleagues, they were talking about various TV shows they followed. While I do have a few that I like ("Glee," "Brothers and Sisters," "Mad Men," even "The Apprentice"...), for the most part I don't watch a lot of TV. Perhaps 4 hours a week at most.

When people ask me how I have the time to read so many books, my typical response is "you should see my house" (meaning I'd rather be reading than doing housework).

But another reality is I'd rather be reading than watching TV. No commercials. Better for your brain. Some TV is high quality, but so much of it is crap. Americans waste so much of their lives watching crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment